Sunday, March 09, 2014

Mexico City: Last Day

 What a gorgeous sunrise this morning.  5:55am.


Today marks my last day in the wonderful country of Mexico.  I love it here.  It tugs at all the Latin strings in my heart, and it makes me want to immerse myself more and more into the beauty of this culture.

Today was Ruth's mother's birthday, and we celebrated it with a big feast.  Marty was the chef, and I had the privilege of being his right-hand man (translation: I was the waiter).

The highlight of the day was when we all went around the table and one by one shared the thoughts on our hearts.  After each person finished their turn, we all raised our glasses of wine and said Salud!  When it came to my turn, I expressed my gratitude to Marty and Ruth for hosting me the past few weeks, but more importantly, I thanked them for their friendship.  I also mentioned that I appreciated the welcome I received by everyone present - it reminded me of being with my own family.  In fact, today, they were my family.

 

 

Tomorrow early in the morning, shortly after 10am, my return flight to Canada takes off.  This means that I have to get up even earlier: around 3am.

No comments: