Monday, March 31, 2014

At Least One

When I move to Saskatoon at the end of next month, I can do so with the peace of mind that I'll know at least one other person (besides my mentor).  Eric, my good friend from Vancouver, moved to Toon-town not even a week ago, having accepted a job there with the city urban planning department.

So this past weekend we met up and hung out together.  In fact, I stayed overnight at his place.  He found himself a nice apartment in the City Park area.  Should I rent instead of buy, I will in all likelihood end up living in the same neighbourhood also.

So what did we do as first-timers in Toon-town?

Coffee: we went to a nice coffee place called D'lish.  Nice atmosphere, good coffee.

Dinner: we went to - of all places - a bookstore (!) for dinner; there's a restaurant attached to a popular bookstore in the city, so we went there to check it out.  So-so.

Church: Emmanuel Baptist.  Don't think I'll be going back.  I can't do bands in church anymore...

Prairie Harvest Cafe: now this place was cool.  Great food (brunch), and great coffee.  The building's not ideal for a restaurant setting, but in a way it had some character.

It snowed lightly throughout the weekend.  About -4.
 
I confess I'm getting very excited about this move.

No comments: