Sunday, March 02, 2014

Acapulco - Cuernavaca By Car

The view from our hotel room.


We left Acapulco around 1pm, arriving in Cuernavaca around 5.  Upon arrival, we ordered a pizza for dinner.

Afterwards, we watched the sun go down on Ruben and Tati's terrace.  Also present was their cat Tino (short for Valentino).


All was good, but a bitter pill came my way at the end of the day when I went to sleep in a room that reminded me of the most important person of my life; a person that is now virtually absent from my life.

As I lay down to sleep, it occurred to me that this trip is not so much about remembering the past, but about looking forward.  In Spiritual Care lingo, we call this memory making.  Trips like these can be devastating if they only serve to remind me of a bygone era.  I need to find ways to not erase these memories, but treasure them, and augment them with memories of a different kind.  

The temptation to compare memories abounds, but it's a temptation that I must resist as much as possible.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have Mercy on me, a Sinner!

No comments: