Sunday, March 30, 2014

Exploring Sasaktoon

I spent this weekend in Saskatoon, looking for a place to live.

At first I was thinking that I'd rent a place, but after checking out rental prices, it makes sense to at least consider buying.  To that end, my mentor in Saskatoon referred me to a good a real estate agent, and indeed, she was very helpful in exploring some interesting properties with me.  In all, I saw close to 10 properties, mostly houses, but some apartments also.  I haven't found my niche yet.

Here's what I'm looking for:
* light (no dark dungeon, so property should face east, south, or west, or all 3!)
* space (no shoeboxes; this also avails the opportunity to rent out suite or get a roommate)
* green (if possible, a small yard for a vegetable garden)
* balcony (particularly if apartment, so that I can finally have a bbq at home)
* central (within walking distance to either work or downtown, preferably both)
* hardwood (no carpets)
* ready (no project; it's gotta be ready to move-in)

I will most likely return next weekend to check out some more places.

No comments: