Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Cuernavaca: Pool, Futbol, And Tortuga Cucufata

Following my mentor's suggestion on Feb. 6th that I apply for a job opening in Saskatoon, I applied for the position on the 12th.  This morning I checked my email, and lo and behold, there was an email requesting that I come for an interview.  I'm going to sit on this for a few days before responding, but suffice it to say that a shot of both enthusiasm and terror - mostly the former - raced through my body.

Below is an example of what Cuernavaca - the city of the eternal spring - has to offer.  Gorgeous.  This is from Tati and Ruben's back yard.


I spent this morning doing house chores: washing dishes, sweeping the floor, and cleaning the pool.  Afterwards, I sat down and pondered life and wrote down some of my thoughts.

I also read Marquez, and dipped in the pool when I got too hot from sitting in the sun.  This was about every 15 minutes.


In the evening we went for dinner at my local favourite food joint, La Tortuga Cucufata.  The pictures below speak for themselves.  Pure satisfaction...



We watched some soccer in the evening.  It was amazing, some channels showed soccer - previews, games, reviews - pretty much all day long!  I wish we had television coverage like that in Canada!

Today was Jennifer's birthday.  Feelings of emptiness.

Tomorrow's another day.

No comments: