Saturday, March 01, 2014

Acapulco: Beach

Another day in paradise.  All day long, nothing but clear skies and sun, sun, sun.

I met Tati, Ruben, and the rest of the gang for breakfast shortly after 9 in the morning.  Afterwards, I went to the nearest Sanborns store to buy some more books (I did this against Ruth's advice; Sanborns is a big business bully, like Walmart, who provides cheap prices but runs smaller mom-and-pop stores out of business.  Sorry Ruth .. I didn't know where to find a small bookstore in Acapulco!).  I bought two books: Cien Años de Soledad by Gabriel García Marquez, and another book about the life of John the baptist, written by a Mexican theologian, (I think he's a bishop) Javier Sevilla.

Once back at the hotel, I did what any sensible man would do: hit the beach.  In fact, I spent the rest of the day at the beach reading, drinking piña coladas, and dipping in the ocean for a swim.  Towards the end of the afternoon a woman came by and offered massages.  I accepted, and spent $10 on a 30-minute massage.  The massage felt good, but she was of the persuasion that a good massage includes the cracking of bones - my back, my knuckles - and I tend to think the opposite.  I'd rather not hear my bones crack, much less by another person's hands, skilled though they may be.




Below are Tati and Ruben, and little Marcelo.  It was taken at sundown, around 6pm.


Today brought to an end my time in Acapulco.  An amazing time.  Tennis.  Beach.  Sun.  Reading.  Friends.  Food.  The stuff of paradise.

Tomorrow: leave Acapulco and head to the hot valley of Cuernavaca.  There I will spend the next 3-4 days with Ruben and Tati, before returning to DF

No comments: