Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Cuernavaca: Tepoztlan, Hiking Tepozteco

I've been to Mexico 3 times now, and on all 3 occasions I hiked to the top of Tepozteco.  I love it!

We left Cuerna at about 10am, arriving at the town an hour later.  It took us about 30 minutes hiking each way, but we stopped at the top for a good half hour so that I could take some pictures.




After finishing our hike we walked around town a bit and found a nice place to eat lunch.  On both previous occasions I've been here we went to Los Colorines, a fine choice, but this time we tried a new place, La Casa de las Golondrinas.  Excellent choice.  I had a sopa azteca (also called sopa de tacos), followed by enchiladas with a green tomato salsa that was just perfect.





We arrived back in Cuerna near 5pm, exhausted.  I went for a dip in the pool - the cold water certainly woke me up.

In the evening we drank good coffee.  El Fogón.

We also sat poolside and talked.  Evenings are quite tranquil here.

Tomorrow: FIFA day of amistosos.  Some interesting games coming up, including Argentina - Romania, España - Italia, Deutschland - Chile, and Holland - France.  Here, the match of interest is México - Nigeria.

No comments: