Friday, June 09, 2006

Wörnitz: Uwe & Linda

Today was a special day, as I went to Wörnitz to visit with my childhood friend Uwe and his wife Linda. It was a great day meeting up with them both.

Uwe picked me up at the Würzburg train station just before noon, before we drove on the Autobahn for an hour towards Wörnitz. Wörnitz is a small country-town, situated smack halfway between Nüremberg & Frankfurt. I highly recommend driving on the Autobahn at 170km per hour. It's a liberating - verging on spiritual - experience. I think we drive like mamby-pamby sissies in North America.

Anyways, I digress. Once in Wörnitz, we ate a good lunch, and spent the rest of the day catching up. I love the country-life here. It's quiet and peaceful.

Uwe (at construction-site of his new house):
Uwe

View from Uwe & Linda's new house (top floor):
Country Life

No comments: