Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Frankfurt: Rudolf & Olga

After saying good-bye first to Christian, who returned to Paraguay this morning at 10am, and then Paul, who returns to Canada shortly after noon, I proceeded to walk around Köln for a few hours, before boarding the train to Frankfurt.

While still in Köln, it started to rain. Weird. It was the first time it rained during my stay here in Germany, and it reminded me of Vancouver in a longing sort of way. As the drops came down on my head, I once again realized how beautiful rain is. It's like God literally showering us with his blessing.

But then after about 30 minutes, the rain got heavy, so I had to pop into a store and buy an umbrella. More money to spend ... there goes the blessing.....!

Once in Frankfurt I went straight for the Straßenbahn #12 which leads straight to Schwanheim, where my cousin Rudolf and his partner Olga live. I "checked in", showered, and watched Brasil-Ghana with Olga, until Rudy arrived from work around dinner time.

In the evening we went to visit Olga's parents. She was keen on introducing them to me. They're from Russia, and fed me some good-ol' Russian food: borsch (red beet soup) and pilmenyi (small balls of minced meat covered with pastry; similar to perogies). It was very authentic, and very yummy indeed.

A good and relatively rest-ful day.

Olga's family, from left to right: mom, niece, twin sis, dad, my cousin Rudy, and Olga.















After visiting her family we went home and watched the last little bit of Spain-France. Wow .. can't believe France won!

Today's WM scores:
Brasil 3 - Ghana 0
Spain 1 - France 3

No comments: