Saturday, June 10, 2006

Wörnitz: Rothenburg & WM

What an amazing day today was! Wow! Essentially I did two things: Uwe and I visited a historic town nearby Wörnitz, called Rothenburg. We walked all around the city and as usual, I took many pictures. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves (see below).

The other thing we did was watch the first game of the Weltmeisterschaft (affectionately known as "WM" here). It was the opening game, between Deutschland & Costa Rica, and it was a great opening game. We watched it at a community hall in Rothenburg. They'd set up two massive Leinwände (jumbo screens), and about 200 people filled the town hall to the max. The roar of the crowd whenever Germany scored was absolutely amazing...!

It was so festive, it was great. The WM is the best event on planet earth, and it's on for the next month.

I'm cheering for Paraguay, Argentina, and Brasil. Deutschland is a "backup" team to cheer for too. I predict a Germany-Brasil final. Brasil will win.

Today's score was Deutschland 4 - Costa Rica 2.

Tomorrow I'm going to Paraguay - England. We're going to smoke the English... I love the World Cup!

OK, here are pictures of Rothenburg.

Town Entrance:
Entrance

Town Centre:
City Centre

Alley:
Alley

Rothenburg Through a Window:
Rothenburg through Window

Rooftops:
Rooftops

Cub in Rothenburg:
Cub

2 comments:

Faith K said...

caught myself laughing with excitment when I saw a picture of you in Germany! Woohoo!!!

cub said...

:)