Sunday, July 23, 2006

Here's To Mark & Leah!!!!

Here's to Mark & Leah, who got married today in Alta, Wyoming!!!!

The day was schorching hot, but it wasn't humid, so having an outdoor wedding was better than I thought it'd be (I thought I'd die in the heat!).

The wedding began at 4pm at a friend of the bride's place. The view of the Grand Tetons was amazing:















It didn't take long before Mark started mis-behaving:


































After the wedding, though, he finally got his act together:















Mark & Leah at the reception:















The Regent connection (from left to right, Kristy, Dave, Andrew, Mark, Leah, Rob, Cub, Tim, & Susan):















I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a wedding-type person. I always end up feeling awkward. Going as a "single", "available," "bachelor." Blah.

Everyone's always trying to set me up with someone. Why at a wedding? On any other day things are normal, but for some reason at weddings the matchmakers come out of the woodwork and try to work their magic.

I guess I should appreciate others trying to set me up with a hottie (and there were certainly some hotties at this wedding)....

Alright. On a brighter note, here's what I liked about the the wedding:
* Mark & Leah - they are a great match!
* the vows - they wrote their own - nice touch
* the sermon - marriage as a sacrament (Genesis) blessed by Jesus in Cana (gospels)
* reception - low key, informal, great food
* community - I sensed it

I think if I ever get married, I'm going to do everything I can to make sure it's a small & simple wedding. That's all I have to say about this topic.

No comments: