Monday, May 08, 2006

Weekend Notes

Friday, May 5
* I went out with Grace in the evening. We went for a Singaporean dinner at Kam's Place. Afterwards we went to Cupcakes on Denman for dessert. Then we sat down on one of the benches along English Bay, and we had a good evening together. She shared some of her life story with me. It was a good evening, but I do not yet have peace about her.

Saturday, May 6
* I went to the airport in the morning to pick up my parents from the airport. I haven't seen them in 4 months, so it's good to have them back home. The rest of the day I read my Bible, and another book I just recently began reading, Thomas Merton's The Sign of Jonas. In the evening I watched a movie on video. It was a waste of 2 hours.

Sunday, May 7
* I went to the 7:30am Service. I really love the simplicity and beauty of the early morning liturgy. In the afternoon my good friends Rudy, Carol, AJ, Mar, Byron, and Jenn came over to watch the Nuremberg F1 race. Afterwards we went to Rasputin for a Russian dinner. I love these friends. They are a gift.

No comments: