Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Christmas Came Early!

I visited with my parents today, and it was a real blessing. I arrived at their house in Abbotsford, after a 1 hour drive. I like that drive.






































My parents' house.
















Upon my arrival, (after greetings and hugs and kisses) I immediately went outside and enjoyed the beautiful view of the Fraser Valley and Mount Baker. Gorgeous!





















At around 1pm we had lunch, during which we were able to catch up on many things we've experienced or thought about the past few months. Highlights of our discussions include the "wicked" Spanish people (hahaha!), the church and tradition, and various family matters.

After lunch dad went for a nap, and mom brought out a bag of goodies - gifts they brought back from Paraguay. As always, my parents were very generous, bringing back Ao Po'i shirts (traditoinal Paraguayan button shirts), UCB long sleeve t's, and plenty of yerba mate paraphernelia! Thank you!
















In the afternoon we drank mate, at 6pm we ate dinner, after which we again sat down and enjoyed some more conversation. I headed home shortly after 8pm.


2 comments:

David Wen said...

Vancouver looks so gorgeous!

cub said...

yep .. it's a gorgeous city. btw .. i noticed on your blog you like adidas & soccer: so do i. i'm going to the world cup in 2 weeks. :D