Friday, May 05, 2006

My Favourite Store

I went shopping at my favourite store today. I'd planned to reward myself for all the hard work I put into this past semester.

But alas, upon arriving at the store I was dismayed at all the prices. The cheapest pair of pants was $109. The cheapest t was $39. Most shirts were in the $50 range. The cheapest dress shirt was $99.

I remember the days when spending this kind of money was the norm. I didn't think twice about it. But today as I looked at the clothing items, I just couldn't bring myself to even try them on.

I suppose this is a good sign. I'm finally able to exercise a bit of self-discipline. Then again, maybe I'm just playing mindgames with myself, for I know that my parents arrive from Paraguay this Saturday, and I put an order in from them. And God forbid, if that fails, I am going to Europe this summer, and from what I understand, Benetton has great sales there during summers, especially in July.

Little wonder I'm planning to be in Italy in July. Maybe I should go to Europe with an empty backpack, and stock up on sale items while over there.....

No comments: