Monday, May 15, 2006

Lillies

Today was Mother's Day .. a special day. Mom & dad drove out from Abbotsford, and we went to the 11am church service together. Afterwards we went to the Swiss Chalet for lunch. Then we came back to my place and relaxed a little. Well, that's not entirely true. Dad took a nap, I checked my email and began reading a book, while mom slaved away in the kitchen.

Nope .. I cannot be blamed for mom's workaholic tendencies. I'm learning to "let mom be mom." If she wants to wash my dishes .. go ahead. If she wants to do my laundry .. go ahead. If she wants to stuff $50 in my piggybank .. go ahead (actually, next time please leave $100). I'm not going to fight this battle any longer. She won. I think I'm battle-fatigued, or maybe I'm just getting wiser....

How does that saying go: "If you can't fight'em, join'em?"

Anyways, Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: