Saturday, May 27, 2006

I Need A Vacation

Today was my last day of spring school. I'm tired.

I learned so much the past two weeks, I don't know where it's all going to fit in, because surely it can't fit into my head anymore. That space is already occupied.

I'm inspired to live a life of community. But I want the real thing, I'm not interested in pseudo-Christian community.

Some of the things I've learned about community the past two weeks are so radical to our thinking, we just don't know what to do with it. It's just so counter-cultural. But yet, it's just simple gospel living: full submission to God in Christ by the Spirit, followed by growing closer to others. It calls for relinquishment of those things that come in between God, me, and others.

We do adequately well in head-knowledge, but living it out is just way too costly.

I'm tired. I need a vacation. Or maybe I just wish Jesus would return today.

No comments: