Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Ingat!!!

Ingat means "take care" in Tagalog, the national language of the Philippines.

Today I spent time with a dear friend of mine, JR, who came home for Christmas from her missionary stint in the Philippines. We had a great day together.

She and I went to the Philippines together on a missions trip in 2002, and although our time together then was short (3 months), we developed a friendship that will surely last for the remainder of our lives. God has a way of bringing special people into our lives at the right time and place!! Thank you Lord!!

Here's how we spent our day together.

We met for breakfast at 8:30am Filipino time. Translation: 9am. We went for breakfast at Clew's, on Main Street. Afterwards we wento to visit my school. I showed her our classrooms, our chapel, Atrium, library, and bookstore. I'd hoped to introduce her to some of my friends, but none of them were around, and that was disappointing. (She probably thinks I have no friends!!!)

For lunch we visited with some other friends of hers who used to live in Toronto. We took this picture there (incidentally, I broke a crucial Filipino social convention by putting my arm around her .. terrible, terrible):
















Then we went to Metrotown Mall, and walked around. She had to get some last-minute items before she returns to the Philippines tomorrow. I bought her some chcolate, as well as some to take along and give to Ate Bel and the rest of the AHFI team. At the mall, we also stopped for a little tea:
















At 6pm I dropped her off at her niece's place in Surrey. Before we said good-bye, we prayed together. May God grant her JOY and may he protect her as she shares the good news of Jesus Christ in Mindanao.

It was good to see her. INGAT!!!

No comments: