Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Say What?

The doctor asks: "When you pee, do you have a strong stream?"
I respond: "What?"
"When you pee, can you hit a spot three feet away?", he says.
"Yep", I proudly respond.

There are not many professionals that can get away with this line of questioning. Only doctors, and lawyers perhaps, but anyways, that's what my new doctor asked me when he gathered information about me, his new client. I wanted to get a checkup today, and since my old doctor has disappeared mysteriously, I had to find a new one.

The reason I went to the doctor was to get a checkup on my toe and knee.

On Sunday afternoon I was playing soccer, and this idiot inadvertently stepped on my pinky toe. It hurt, but it was bearable, so I continued to play for another 2 hours, until the end of the game. Monday I woke up, and I could barely walk.

Also, my knee's been hurting a lot lately - also from playing soccer.

Result of checkup: a broken toe, and knee-ligament laxity (ie - loose ligaments).
Doctor's Recommendation: No soccer for the next month. Bummer. Hiking is fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why don't you get a second opinion?

cub said...

thx, but i don't need someone else to judge whether i have a good stream or not. ;P