Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Airport, Work, & Futbol

Here's what I did today.

5am - drove AEK to the airport. She went home to LA for her grandfather's funeral. After I came back from the airport I went back to bed and slept a little while longer.

8am - made myself a delicious cup of coffee: San Agustin Colombian Estate, from Second Cup Coffee.

9:20am - arrived at work. Today was our second day on our upgraded version of PeopleSoft. The latest version (8.8) is so much better than the first generation internet based ERP system we had at 360networks.

12pm - lunch: beef stew with mashed potatoes and sauteed vegetables.

12:20pm - back to work.

3pm - coffee break with AL. Had an iced-Americano.

3:15pm - back to work.

4:30pm - finished work. Today was actually a really busy work day. Got lots done, it felt good.

6pm - played futbol. We played against Integ, and won 5-1. I'm getting older and slower, but I'm still a fighter, and I never quit. And the odd time like tonight I even amaze myself by scoring a beautiful goal. :-D Our team is so ridiculously good it's almost unfair. We've won 13 out of 15 games. The other 2 games were a tie and a loss. We score an average of 4 goals per game, and we rarely give up more than one goal.

10pm - AEK called from LA. She seems to be holding up fine with her family.

No comments: