Friday, May 13, 2005

Finally ..

.. a few hours of rest!!! I worked 40+ hours in four days this week, and today I finally got a day to rest. Well .. sort of.

In the morning I went to church to help setup for tomorrow's conference. Everything went as planned until this girl (one of the conference speakers no less!) with the personality of a pitbull appeared and decided she didn't like the way we set things up, and decided to take matters into her own hands. She totally changed the layout: Chairs, tables, everything had to be shuffled around to her exact liking. The conference organizer, my dear friend JE and I looked at each other in a combination of disbelief, frustration, bewilderment, and anger.

What is it with people who just come in and think they know best? They act like God gave them a revelation in their sleep overnight, and any idea contrary to their own must surely be of the devil. I was so pissed off .. que barbaro!

Oh yeah .. I was going to talk about resting.

After the setup was finished at around 1:30pm, I went home. I was supposed to meet with GO who is visiting from Edmonton for coffee, but that didn't work out. So instead, I took a nap. A good nap. An excellent nap. The kind of nap that defines resting, or siesta.

At 5:30pm I got up and prepared a newly learned recipe - yes, it's hers - for a black bean soup. So yummy. Maybe I'll post the recipe sometime. Anyways, after putting all the ingredients in the saucepan, I let it simmer while going to the breadstore to pick up some bread.

Yummy bread...
Yummy bread...

Right now it's just after dinner time. For the next hour or so I will sit back and relax.

Later on this evening I will do some reading. I will go to bed early though, because tomorrow's a long day, and I have to be at the church by 8am. It's going to be a long day not only because of the conference, but because I have a feeling I'll have to deal with the pitbull again, and I'll need all the energy available for that.

No comments: