Sunday, May 22, 2005

A Few Changes

I've decided to make a few changes and expand my weblog a little. Here are the details of the changes:

First of all, I've made a cosmetic change by changing the 'saying of the month' to 'seeds of growth'. The reason for this is that the original heading was inaccurate, since I don't update it every month!! Secondly, 'seeds of growth' seems more accurate in terms of describing what I'm trying to accomplish. Essentially, these postings are designed to foster thought, contemplation, prayer, and spiritual growth. Most of the sayings I post are direct quotes from speeches or writings of some of the 'spiritual giants' of the Christian faith: men and women who devoted themselves to serve God. There is amazing wisdom in history, and tragically, the church has largely disregarded and forgotten this. The result of this is a sort of amnesia, a forgetfulness of the rich heritage of the Christian faith, and a subsequent shallowness to the way we apply our faith presently. 'Seeds of growth' is my small effort to enourage us to recover a lost tradition. May it serve to honour and glorify God.

I've also created a separate weblog, called cubsseeds, to capture past seeds of growth. This link is placed at the top of the list of options in the 'links' section of cubscorner. Similarly, from cubsseeds you can return to cubscorner by clicking on the cubscorner link.

Finally, I'm thinking of creating a space to place other seeds of growth: book reviews, theological tidbits I pick up here or there, movie reviews, class notes, and so on. To achieve this, I may create yet another weblog, or I may just use cubsseeds as the forum. More details on this yet to come....

As always, your thoughts, opinions, and comments are welcome.

Peace,
cub

No comments: