Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Feeling Helpless?

Poor guy.

The power went out at work today. Computers went down, the place went dark, emergency lights came on. Everyone got up and out of their office/cubicle and congregated, wondering what happened.

I took the opportunity to go to the washroom and relieve myself. Lo and behold, there was a guy there, sitting on the throne, in the dark. Well, it wasn't entirely dark, because the emergency lights were on in the washroom too.

He asked: "What's happening out there? Why all this darkness? Why all the noise?" I say: "Power's out." He goes on, "I can't believe this! This is the second time I've been stuck on the can during a power outage! The last time was about 10 years ago, when an earthquake hit, and the entire washroom went dark. Well, at least today the emergency lights came on. Last time, I was completely in the dark!"

No comments: