Saturday, April 02, 2005

Bells Are Not Ringing .. Yet

I've been moved throughout the day by the devotion Catholics have to their beloved Pope. As an Evangelical Protestant, I have no ONE spiritual leader to look to for exemplary, godly living. I have no authority figure who inspires the flock.

Something is wrong with the EP view of authority. Something is wrong with our warped view of church unity. In a deep sense, I yearn to be catholic.

Yes, I know: Christ is that ONE I can look to. But there ought to be a spiritual leader on earth who rallies the faithful around the name of Christ. Someone who helps make the invisible unity Christians have in Christ visible to the world.

Lord, spare the suffering of your servant Pope John Paul II. Bring him home.

May the bells ring soon.

No comments: