Saturday, May 21, 2011

Trading Places

It seems so strange to me that Jun, my classmate, is thinking of leaving the Roman Catholic church in order to join the United Church. I think that's so sad. The reason he gives is that his church is too restrictive.

Me, on the other hand, I'm thinking of leaving the Anglican Church and heading to the RC or the Orthodox Church. The reason: the AC is too lax, it has lost it's moral bearings.

At the beginning I found it difficult to talk to Jun because of his "switch", but as I'm getting to know him I'm realizing that there's a story behind the reason that he gives, and it seems to be a rather painful story for him. It's much harder to dismiss someone when we hear his/her story.

I look forward to getting to know him. He seems like a great guy.

No comments: