Tuesday, May 17, 2011

First Day Of New Journey

Today was my first day of "classes" in the pastoral training program. I've been looking forward to this day for 6+ months (actually, even longer than that), so I was quite excited when today arrived.

My class consists of 4 other students (including me), and 1 supervisor. The setting is clinical, so we'll be located at the main hospital in Vancouver. There's another class, also of 4 students and 1 supervisor, located at hospital downtown. Most of the time the 2 groups will be working separately, but on occasion we'll gather as one group.

The students in my class are: Tom, Jun, Jenna, and me. Tom is Christian Reformed, Jun is Roman Catholic but on his way to the United Church (?), and Jenna is Buddhist. I'm Evangelical Anglican, but with great affinities towards the Roman Catholic or even Orthodox Church. What a mixed bag...

Lord, I give myself to you. Teach me your Ways. Keep me on the straight and narrow path, through your Son Jesus Christ, my Lord and my Saviour.

No comments: