Monday, May 02, 2011

Mexico City: Museo de Antropología

A few notes on yesterday. In the morning, Jen and I visited San Angel and Coyoacán:




















































Late afternoon, Ruben and Tatiana arrived. We all rested a bit (Jen and I from a day of sightseeing, and Ruben and Tati from a day of travelling. Then, we went for dinner at an Italian restaurant recommended to us by Diego, the owner of Patio 77:














As for today, the highlight was visiting the Museo de Antropología. What an amzaing place. I will limit myself to only posting a few pictures, but suffice it to say that it's a museum well worth the visit. As my friend Paul told me, there are 3 "must see" museums in the world, representing 3 civilizations: 1- the Egyptian Museum, 2- the Athens National Archeological Museum in Greece, and 3- Museum of Anthropology in Mexico.

I always thought maybe his praises of this museum were slightly exaggerated, but, who knows, maybe I was wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. Anyways, it's a museum that I will surely visit again on my next trip to this beautiful country. Here are some pics:













































































































No comments: