Friday, August 04, 2006

Toys Without An "Off" Button

I went to Abbotsford today to visit with Ted & family & mom & dad.

In the afternoon I hiked to the top of Sumas Mountain with Neal and Dylan. It was the first time I hiked since returning from Europe, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

I came home tired in the evening, but I was more tired from talking to my nephews/nieces than from the drive or the hike. Actually, I don't really "talk" to them: it's more like trying to answer their 1,001 questions. Where do kids get all this energy from? Where do they get their questions/ideas from? Was I like that too?

My goodness....they're like a toy that runs on batteries. The difference is that toys have an "Off" button, and kids don't.

Children are a gift, no doubt. But I'm glad I haven't received this gift (yet).

No comments: