Sunday, August 27, 2006

Hiking & Wining

Morning:
* I hiked the Grouse Grind with Paul, and two friends he invited, Sharon and Karin. Neither of the girls were "hikers", so we we took it really easy. It took us 2 hours to hike to the top. As far as socializing was concerned, it was fun. But hiking at such a slow pace was no fun.

Once at the top, we relaxed for a bit, before going to see the grizzly bear "habitat" they have set up there. It was interesting. I'm fascinated with bears, so my nickname "cub" is actually quite ideal. These bears are massively huge and heavy, yet very playful. Those qualities, "big" and "playful" seem like paradoxes to me, but that's probably just me.

Evening:
* I went to the August edition of the "Wine Club" I'm a part of with some close friends. Tonight we tried a few Sauvignon Blanc wines. Kendell-Jackson (California), and Cloudy Bay (New Zealand) both make good Sauvignon Blancs. Oddly enough, I liked the "ringer" wine best: a French Vouvray. Unfortunately, I forgot the brand name of the wine.

No comments: