Friday, August 18, 2006

Melanie's Back Too!

Finally reunited! One of the things I find most frustrating about our family is that we don't live together. My bro & sis live in Paraguay, I live here, and my parents, well, they's usually caught somewhere in between.

Today that all changed, as for the first time in about 15 years we're all together, if not in the same city, at least in the same country. Melanie, Heinz, and their 4 bandidos arrived at the Vancouver aipport, and it was great to see them. Mom, dad, and I went to the airport and greeted them upon their arrival. Ralph & Tanis have grown so much. It's great to have them all back.

I think we'll be together, God-willing, for at least a year. After that, who knows what will happen. It may even be me that leaves the country next time around.

On another note, I finished my paper for Building Christian Communities today, and handed it in. It always feels so good handing in a project. I put a lot of work into this, and I liked the final result. Not only did I learn much from the research I did on Benedictine Monastic Communities, but I also made some suggestions/recommendations for the church: steps the church could/should take in order to improve the way Christians practise community. I am challenged by the Benedictines, and think we have much to learn from them.

No comments: