Monday, August 28, 2006

Ryan & Julie's Wedding

Another weekend, another wedding: the 3rd wedding in the last 5 weeks.

Today my friend Julie married Ryan, at a golf & country club in Surrey. It was strange attending a non-religious wedding, but everything was done in very good taste. Actually, I'd expect nothing less from Julie. She has a way of getting things done exactly the way she wants to. It was a perfect day for a wedding: hot and sunny. The reception was good, with super food, wine, and various fun activities that encouraged guest participation.

In the evening I went to church, and afterwards I walked home. I've walked home from church throughout the summer; it's been a good way to wind down the weekend, and prepare for a new week.

Next week's the last wedding I'm attending this summer. This one will be hard to swallow. Sharon's getting married.

No comments: