Saturday, November 05, 2005

Last Day At PMC

Today was my last day of work at PMC. Well .. sort of. "Officially" it was my last day - my computer account will be cancelled, my cubicle given to someone else, and my access pass inactivated - but I've been told that there may be other opportunities for work "occasionally."
















Regardless, it has been a true blessing to be with the company so long. I began there in July of 2003. Wow .. two and a quarter years! God has been so faithful, supplying part-time work during the school year, and full-time work in the summers. I’m truly grateful, and give God all the glory for his provision.

Cub's Cubicle:















But I sense a new chapter – yet again – is beginning. I’m an intern at my church, and while the pay there is not what I’m used to, it is, nevertheless, pay. I will just have to start living within more reasonable means. This is where I feel I ought to be anyways. But I admit that giving up a well-paying job is not easy.

Cub's Cubicle 2:















But I take this as the next step in my life-pilgrimage towards the Kingdom. I just am not passionate towards HRIS work. It leaves me unfulfilled and empty inside. I want to be directly involved in kingdom-work. I want to point people towards Jesus Christ.

I was really touched by how generous and caring my co-workers were. I was blown away. Not only did they take me out for lunch, but they also gave me a $65 gift certificate for Chapters bookstore, and a $50 gift certificate for Anton’s Pasta Bar, my favourite Italian Restaurant in all of Vancouver. I was truly humbled by their generosity!

One thing I will not miss though, is work-coffee. The coffee we have at work is possibly the worst coffee on the face of the planet. I’m sure if I took a handful of mud, poured hot water, milk and sugar on it, it would probably taste similar to the stuff below.

Work Coffee:

No comments: