Saturday, November 26, 2005

Booksale

Today was one of the classic events we have at the Regent College Bookstore every semester: the midnight madness sale. The bookstore is open until midnight, and all kinds of books are on sale. I always go there, and end up hanging out until, well, midnight.

Problem is, I go there with no real goal. I know that there'll be lots of great books on sale, but because I don't really know what books I need, and because I have a healthy dose of prudence that prevents me from needlessly spending money, I come home pretty much empty-handed every time.

Aside from the booksale, I did three other things today:

* met with JW for breakfast. He's getting confirmed at our church next Sunday, and I've had the privilege of journeying alongside him for the past few months.

* research, research, research. I had a minor setback with my professor yesterday. I met her to discuss the paper I plan to write, and she was not as happy about my direction as I was hoping she would be. She suggested some changes to my plans. Frustrating......

* dinner with N&NJ. They're such a cool couple. I enjoy visiting them. I wish I could see them more often.

No comments: