Sunday, November 20, 2005

Friends, Family, And Fun

Tonight was a super fun night. I invited four of my best friends from Regent and took them to Abbotsford to meet my parents. We had a great time.

We arrived in Abbotsford at 6:30 (we were 30 minutes late), and shortly after our arrival dinner was served in the dining room. There was probably enough food for an entire village, but my goodness, was the food ever delicious. There were at least 4 different vegetable/salad dishes, chicken, and steak, and for dessert we had coffee, tea, pie, fruit salad, and a chocolate cake with rum.

After the meal we sat down in the family room and had a nice conversation. We talked about some good and relevant topics, including our family backgrounds, interests, and future directions.

I'm thankful for this evening. I've struggled to be happy lately, but tonight was a brightspot.

Thank you Lord for friends and family to share life with.

Below is a picture my dad took during dinner. From left to right: Mom, Cub, IYB, ML, AH, and CM:
















Maybe I should introduce my church friends to my parents too. It's good for them to know whom I spend time with.

No comments: