Thursday, November 03, 2005

Inadequate

That's how I feel tonight, after an evening of Christianity Explored at my church. I even prepared myself well for the evening: I previewed the video twice, took notes, arrived at the church early (lest I feel rushed), and met with my co-leader to talk about the topic of discussion, the church.

I'm realizing that I try to intellectuallize the gospel too much. Actually, I try to intellectualize everything nowadays, and that's surely a by-product of talking theology in class all day, everyday.

Instead of talking from the head, I need to talk from the heart. Rather than speaking for Jesus based on books I've read or issues I've studied, I need to let Jesus speak for himself through the gospels.

Lord Jesus, help me!


Thank God that he works through my weaknesses. Thank the Lord for choosing to work through my inadequacies. Thank YHWH that salvation depends not on my skill or actions, but on His sacrifice on the cross.

Thank you loving Father, for opening the door to you through Your Son. Thank you Holy Spirit for consolling and guiding me onward and forward.

No comments: