Sunday, October 09, 2005

Things I'm Thankful For

I've found it difficult to be thankful lately, but that's more due to my sinfulness, than to a lack of things to be thankful for. So, here, I humbly present a few things (and there are oh so many more!) that I'm thankful for:

* God's love, grace, mercy.
* Family - mom, dad, brother & sister & their families.
* Relatives.
* Friends.
* Church - truly .. as crooked, warped, bent, and corrupt as she is, I love the bride of Christ!
* Regent - godly professors, spiritual growth, intellectual challenges, stimulating friends.
* Canada - freedom, safety, weather.
* Safety & Provision - shelter (roof), warmth (bed), food (bread), drink (water, or staying with the Trinitarian theme .. wine), health (hiking), rest (Sabbath).
* Work - financial blessings --> Lord, teach me how to use your gifts.
* Transportation - VW, public transit, feet!

Ok, those are pretty obvious. Here are some a little less obvious:
* Brokenness - brings us closer to God.
* Dostoyevsky - best fiction-writer, hands down!
* Camera - I love taking pics.
* Rain - I love the smell of fresh air.
* Internet - is it idolatrous to be on the internet so often?
* Birkenstocks.
* Coffee and yerba mate.
* Fruits - current favourites are mangoes, kiwis, and papayas.
* Bread.
* Jeans - in particular, my super old and worn GAPs, and my new CMs.
* Liturgy - I love liturgical worship.

A prayer of praise from the Book of Common Prayer (62), based on Ephesians 3:20-21:

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto him be glory in the Church and in Christ Jesus, throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

No comments: