Thursday, October 06, 2005

Anger And Vitriol

I looked up a few definitions of anger here:

* belligerence aroused by a real or supposed wrong (personified as one of the deadly sins)
* a strong emotion; a feeling that is oriented toward some real or supposed grievance
* the state of being angry

I also looked up the definition of vitriol:

* abusive or venomous language used to express blame or censure or bitter deep-seated ill will
* a highly corrosive acid made from sulfur dioxide; widely used in the chemical industry
* subject to verbal abuse

I got a letter from AEK today. I’d say her state of mind presently is somewhere between angry and vitriolic. Some of her comments in the letter were very legitimate, some outlandish. Some of her feelings are right on, others are not.

This letter was in response to a few (2) attempts I’ve made over the past month, to reach out to her as a friend.

It was a “cease and decist” letter. She wants nothing, in the plainest, purest sense of the word to do with me: no conversations, no get-togethers, no emails, no phone calls, no letters. Nada. Nichts.

She concludes: “Maybe once this process comes to an end I will be able to talk to you again, or I may not. I can’t guarantee anything.”

No comments: