Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Conference

Just returned from a conference in Saskatoon.

A few of us from work left Moose Jaw early Sunday afternoon, arriving there around 5pm.  Our rooms at the hotel weren't ready for us, so we got a coupon to enjoy a drink in the lounge.  I ordered a glass of pinot grigio.

In the evening there was a reception in the dining hall, and I was a bit apprehensive at first about going to it, as I still don't feel "known" here, but I went anyways.  I'm glad I went, as I met a number of interesting people and had a number of thought-provoking conversations.  Ralph, from Melleville, and Francis, from Saskatoon, are gifts from God, in the way they encourage and build me up.

Monday was full of lectures, speakers, and meals - the stuff of conferences I guess...  Mostly they were good.  But I sense a massive rift with my boss.  If only I knew what exactly he's after...

Today was more of the same.  I gave a 5-minute presentation on life at our health care facility.  It was very well received.  I take myself too seriously though.  Lighten up Neudorf.

At the end of the conference I attended Mass at the downtown cathedral.  Beautiful.  Bishop Bolen is such a class-act.



No comments: