Wednesday, October 02, 2013

A Drop Of Europe .. In Regina

I thought I I was in Europe.  But I was in Regina.

I went to my massage appointment early this morning, and since I don't start work until noon on Tuesdays, I decided to park myself in a coffee shop for breakfast after the appointment.  And since at the hike two weekends ago some of my fellow hikers mentioned that there are some nice coffee shops on 13th Ave, I went there to take a look for myself.  And they were right.

There were at least 2 or 3 places to choose from, but I chose the 13th Ave Coffee House, primarily because it looked more interesting than the others - as the name suggests, it's a house, not a "store" or "shop" - and also, it was right across from the big cathedral.  I took a picture of it below.  I like the sunlight peaking through from behind the left spire.


When I got out of my car, I looked to my left and my right, and for a second I felt like I was in Europe: urban, small shops and boutiques, anchored by a massive church.  The only thing missing were cobbled stones...

Once inside, I had a cappuccino and a breakfast bowl with all kinds of good stuff: strawberries, pecan, cinnamon, maple syrup, and cottage cheese.  Oh, and coconut shavings too.  Very good.

I didn't have enough time for reading, but next time I go I will make sure I leave enough time to bring a book along and have some quiet time. Speaking of which, my next appointment's on the 15th.  I know where I'm going for breakfast on that day...

No comments: