Sunday, October 13, 2013

Camino: Day 17 Revisited

Exactly a year ago I arrived in Santiago de Compostela.  Seventeen days of walking, covering 400 kms.  Upon arrival, here are the lines I wrote in my little blue notebook.

* woke up at 7:15am - I was just about the last one to get up; cafe con leche
* began walking at 8am: still dark - used frontales (head lights) for 1 hour
* stopped at 10am at Casa Porta de Santiago for biscocho and cola cao (hot cocoa)
* praise God!  arrived in Santiago at 1:30pm - did good time - praise
* 2:30pm - got my Compostela (certificate)
* 3pm - pictures
* 3:30 saw Leah and Cathy - more pictures
* 4:30 checked in at Badalada
* 5-7, cleaned up, shaved; Lord of the Rings was showing on tv!
* dinner at Rúa Bella
* very emotional approaching Santiago crosses on fence moved me; I was in tears on several occasoins; why?  Not sure...







No comments: