Sunday, October 06, 2013

Another First: Chocolate Zucchini Cake

I made my first chocolate zucchini cake today.  It turned out fabulous.  I used this recipe from the internet.




On a slightly downcast note: today was cleanup day at the community garden.  All my plants are now uprooted, gone.  Mind you, many of them had already withered, after working so hard to produce fruits.  It seems like they spent all their energy to produce, and afterwards, they are too weak to continue.

Gardening has been a thoroughly positive experience.  I've applied for a 10 x 20 for next summer.

Success stories: zucchini, potatoes, green beans, carrots, and corn
So-so: peas
No-gos: onions, watermelon
Next year: go with the things that worked, and try tomatoes and red peppers also; try onions again: it seems to have been an off year

No comments: