Saturday, September 15, 2012

Camino Itinerary

Tomorrow my journey to Santiago begins.  Roughly, this is my itinerary:

September 16: Vancouver - Bilbao, via Frankfurt
" 17: arrive in Bilbao
" 18: sightseeing in Bilbao
" 19: Bilbao - Irún by bus

" 20: Irún - San Sebastián (day 1 of Camino del Norte), 25 kms
" 21: San Sebastián - Zarautz, 23 kms
" 22: Zarautz - Deba, 21 kms
" 23: Deba - Ziortza, 30 kms

" 24: Rest in Ziortza at the Monasterio de Zenarruza
" 25: Ziortza - Oviedo by bus, via Bilbao

" 26: Oviedo - San Juan Villapañada, (day 1 of Camino Primitivo), 30 kms
" 27: San Juan - Salas, 20 kms
" 28: Salas - Tineo, 19 kms
" 29: Tineo - Borres, 19 kms
" 30: Borres - Berducedo (via Ruta de los Hospitales), 27 kms
October 1: Berducedo - Grandas de Salime, 21 kms
" 21: Grandas - A Fonsagrada, 27 kms
" 3: A Fonsagrada - O Cádavo, 25 kms
" 4: O Cádavo - Lugo, 331 kms*
" 5: Lugo - Friol, 25 kms
" 6: Friol - Sobrado dos Monxes, 27 kms
" 7: Rest in Sobrado at the Monasterio de Nuestra Señora de Sobrado
" 8: Rest in Sobrado
" 9: Rest in Sobrado
" 10: Sobrado do Monxes - Arzúa, 23 kms
" 11: Arzúa - O Pedrouzo, 17 kms
" 12: O Pedrouzo - Santiago de Compostella, 17 kms

* I may meet Jennifer here for a day or two, which would affect the schedule. 

Once in Santiago, I want to take a few days and recover, and then off to Pamplona to visit Juan for a few days.

In total I hope to cover 400+ kms.  My emphasis during the journey will be on prayer - I sent out an email to my loved ones inviting them to send me their requests.  I'm delighted that I received requests from more than 20 people.  What an honour, to carry their requests and praises with me!

I arrive back in Vancouver exactly a month after departing for Spain, October 18th.


Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have Mercy on me, a Sinner!


No comments: