Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Snow At The Monastery?

This Friday I'm heading up to the Westminster Abbey in Mission, my favorite place to retreat for a time of prayer and discernment. The focus of this weekend's personal retreat will be two-fold:

* Vocation = ordination
* Relationship = Jennifer

I intend to come to a decision within the next few months regarding the former, whereas the latter, it's very early to tell, and there's a gigantic red flag - the elephant in the room - that keeps things uncertain, at least for me.

During my stay there, I also intend to inquire of the possibility of becoming an oblate.

I heard from some coworkers that it's supposed to snow this weekend. If that's the case, what a blessing that would be. Snowy conditions are perfect, because watching light, fluffy flakes float through the air naturally leads to wonder, amazement, and adoration of God, and while this is the most basic posture we approach God with in any situation, it is especially so when considering our future and future life directions.

So, I can't think of a better setting for this weekend than snow at the monastery.

No comments: