Wednesday, November 19, 2008

39

Today I turned 39. I'm not old yet. Starting at 40, I'm officially "Young Middle-Aged."

I got up in the morning and prayed. I thanked God for 39 years, and interestingly, I prayed for 39 more. I guess that means I'm happy with life, and pray for more of God's goodness and faithfulness in the coming years. Also, I got a few birthday wishes: mom and dad (even though dad's in Peru), Ted and Karin, Heinz and Melanie, Ralph, Sanjit, and Irene, to mention a few.

I worked until 4pm, and then afterwards I went home, where I took a quick 10-minute nap. Then I took a shower and drove off to Evensong at my church. I'm always so blessed by the meditative approach to meeting God. It's really the only approach that makes sense to me. It's the only approach where I can "converse" with Him, because it's quiet and I can hear his voice.

Afterwards, I met up with Jennifer at her place, and we walked over to Cioppino's in Yaletown for dinner. It was a lovely evening, and I spent it with the woman I wanted to be with. Here are some pictures of our dinner. I didn't use the flash, so that's why they're so dark. I need to learn how to get better pictures out of my camera in places without a lot of light!

































































Jen ordered Linguine with half lobster, tomato-cream-lobster sauce. She was very happy. I tasted some of her dinner and agree, it was very good, especially the pasta. As for me, I ordered the Veal "ossobuco" a la Milanese with saffron risotto. I was not very happy with my dish, but that's more because I didn't know what I was ordering than anything else. What I wanted was a "schnitzel"-style cutlet, but what I got was a chop, bone and everything.

For dessert, we got a Latte Dolce Fritto Genovese: crispy warm vanilla and semonila custard served with maple syrup ice-cream. The taste was close to divine, except, the portion size is nothing less than a rip-off, given the price.

Speaking of prices, the prices here were very high, but then again, this type of place is a place you only go to for special occasions. And, since the special occasion tonight was my birthday, Jen paid, so that was nice.

All in all, a fine day. Please, Lord, 39 more!

No comments: