Thursday, November 06, 2008

I'm Too Old For This

Since I started to see Jen more regularly about a month ago, I've been getting to bed late every night, very late. Consequently, the next morning is less than pleasant. I'm tired, groggy, and lazy at work. I'm going to have to figure out how to deal with this.

Actually, it's not just the late nights. It's the "time alone" factor that's changed drastically. Whereas I used to get a good 3 or even 4 nights a week alone, with plenty of time to reflect, read, pray, or just "be", now I'm spending 1 night alone, if that. Tonight was one of such nights. A very good night, an evening of peace. Although I didn't get to do as much reading as I'd like (I'm reading Dostoyevsky's Karamazov Brothers), it was still quiet. I need to continue to make space in my life for these nights. They are life-giving beyond imagination.

I think at some point I'm going to have to take up my weekly pilgrimage to the little chapel on 12th and Main again. I did that last winter, once a week, and found it to be comforting, in a time of much uncertainty.

No comments: