Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Join The Choir

Two days ago I joined our church Evening Service Choir. Ever since I was a little boy, mom's been telling me that I should sing in a choir (she always tells me I have a good singing voice), and I admit, I love choral music.

I don't like most contemporary church music, and since our church sings a good number of contemporary music, maybe the best way for me to sing songs that speak to me spiritually is by joining a choir. Our choir only sings once a month, and we only have two practises a month, so the level of commitment is not overly strenuous.

Our Evening Choir Director's name is Amber, and she's fabulous, young and very dynamic. We practised two songs: Brother James' Air, and a Latin piece by Mozart.

Our first performance is next Sunday night during Holy Communion. Hold your applause, please. ;)

No comments: