Monday, December 19, 2005

Calhoun's

Today was a really good day, because I finally got to speak with AEK. We met at Calhoun's for coffee. It was so good to see her. I've really missed her. It was the first time I'd seen her since September 13th.

We spent 3 hours together catching up. We talked mostly about our last semester, and the challenges and difficulties we both encountered. Then we began talking about our past, and it didn't take long before we were both crying. The fact that this took place in a bakery/cafe with other people around didn't bother us at all. I like it when I'm so caught up in something that the rest of the world becomes meaninglessly peripheral.

We both explained ourselves, our actions, and our frames of mind. I told her that my goal in meeting her was one thing: to reconcile and begin a new friendship. Getting to know each other afresh could be very meaningful for both of us, perhaps in a way that's even more profound than our relationship ever was. I've not shut the door on a future relationship with her. In fact, seeing her today made me realize how much I appreciate and miss her.

At the same time, it's still very evident that she's a broken person. I really messed her up. She doesn't trust me, and why would she, sometimes I don't even trust myself!! She said she'd think about our conversation before responding. We agreed to meet again next Tuesday, the day after Boxing Day.

Lord, have mercy on AEK and heal her.
Bless her and keep her in your comforting care.
Have mercy on me too, oh God.
Show me what I ought to do, and help me to do it.
Through Jesus Christ, let it be so.

No comments: