Friday, September 02, 2005

All Things Considered ..

.. the last few days have been ok.

I’ve started telling my friends that AEK and I are finished. Somehow, as I’ve been updating everyone what’s been happening, I am increasingly feeling like I mistreated AEK. This, even though I did the best I could to be honest with her throughout our relationship.

All my friends have been really supportive. RS has been really supportive throughout. Earlier today JEE left me a voice message, lending her support, offering a listening ear. Tonight I ran into IL while going for a walk (I’ve been going for lots of walks lately), and she too was such a good listener. Even before the breakup, CL, CK, and SC listened and offered words of wisdom and provided insightful conversations. Everyone has helped me keep a sense of humour about it all.

Finally, my parents are the best. Dad’s been quiet, but mom’s been quite supportive vocally, especially the past month. I know that it’s difficult for them to see me with a non-caucasian woman, but really, they’ve been supportive and prayerful throughout.

Thank you Lord for friendships and family. Perhaps I too can be of support when they need it.

Amidst all this, I miss AEK. I especially miss her smile and supportive spirit.

I can’t help but wonder whether breaking up was the right thing to do.

No comments: