Saturday, September 10, 2005

Emotions

Yesterday was my grandmother’s funeral. It went well, about as well as a funeral can go, I guess.

The day began at 10 in the morning, when I met my parents at the funeral home. I saw my grandma, she looked beautiful, at peace. But I was horrified upon touching her. Her skin was ice cold and hard.

At 11 we went to the cemetery.

At 12 there was a memorial service for her at my parents’ church, followed by a lunch: sandwiches, vegetables, fruits, coffee, and pastry.

At the memorial service I gave a tribute to my grandma. I’m horrible and way too emotional when it comes to these kind of events. I sobbed like a little boy. I felt like a retard, even though many people came up to me afterwards to tell me that they appreciated what I said. They said "It came from the heart". But really, they were just being nice. It was horrible.

If I’m going to do public speaking in the future, I better get my emotions under control. Can’t break down and cry like a baby everytime I speak. Pathetic.

No comments: