Sunday, September 04, 2005

Earls, Part Time Religion, And Burdens

Friday - I worked during the day. In the evening, RS came over. We went out for dinner at Earl's. Afterwards, we came home and had a good chat, over wine and cigars. Main topic of discussion: "The western concept of dating: Godly or Pagan?" Been doing a lot of thinking about this. Will write about it one day.

Saturday - Made pancakes for breakfast .. yummy! Early afternoon, I took three boxes full of books I haven't touched in years to various used book stores to see if I can get even a few dollars for them. Late afternoon I got together with my new-found friend SS. She's from Turkey, and she calls herself a "part-time Muslim". I met her at my church a few weeks ago. We exchanged phone numbers and decided to get-together. Interesting girl..interesting topics of discussion.

Sunday - Got up really early to drive a buddy to the airport. Afterwards, I watched the F1 race at home, using my dad's projector. In the afternoon I hiked the Grouse Grind: 48 minutes. In the evening, I went to church. New service-times are 6:30 .. the church was packed. During church I felt really burdened, mainly because of AEK. I'd much rather have been at home alone than with people at church, but God blessed me for making the effort to go. I felt peace amidst uncertainty.

No comments: