Friday, September 04, 2015

More Lunch ... And Games

Lamb sag, chicken tikka karahi, chicken dal, and of course the staples, rice and naan - that's my kind of lunch!

I met James and Scott there around noon....so good to catch up with them!  Scott's doing well, he's now the CEO of a company he helped establish, and James is on a 6-month sabbatical from his church.  His father passed away a few months ago, and so he's adjusting to a new reality - dealing with his own grief, but also trying to console his mother in her grief.

What struck me during our conversations was the route each of us took to get to where we are today.  We met in university, our paths diverged in 3 different directions, and yet, here we are, enjoying a good laugh once or twice a year.
Khalid took the picture below.


In the evening I met up with my soccerino friends and did the usual: eat, chat, and play games.  Benja, Sanjit, Alfonso, Vero and I met at Marcello's (like I needed any more food!) for dinner.  Vero and I shared a ginormous calzone.

Afterwards we (except for Vero) went to Ruth and Marty's where we played Rook.

Tomorrow early we're going hiking.

No comments: